I LOVED this book! I actually read it back in February when it debuted, but I forgot to blog about it. The author, Dan, and I went to MSU together, so this was an especially fun read for me--he's done an amazing job, and I can't wait to read more from him.
The Rook is a first person sci-fi/fantasy novel told from Myfanwy Thomas' point of view. The first chapter begins with Myfanwy waking up outside with several dead glove-wearing bodies around her, and she has no memory of who she is or how she got there. Inside her jacket is a letter from the body's former owner; this letter contains instructions for how to go about living as Myfanwy and how to solve the mystery of the person trying to kill her. What a fantastic way to hook a reader!
It is a fast read, and there is a lot of humor in it as well. It'd make a great movie too, just sayin' :)
O'Malley, Daniel. The Rook. New York: Little, Brown, and Company, 2012.

No comments:
Post a Comment